Assistance awards are determined by the school’s Financial Aid Committee. Awards are based on standardized calculations by the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). Families requesting financial aid should begin the process by completing a Parent Financial Statement (PFS). Fee waivers for completing and submitting the PFS are available on a first-come, first-served basis; please call to inquire.
2016-17 Financial Aid Applications
Information for Prospective Families
Feynman School is now making financial aid determinations for the 2016-17 school year. As in past years, financial aid awards are need-based. In order to be eligible for financial aid, please submit the financial aid application to School and Student Services by February 1, 2016. We will communicate decisions about financial aid to families of accepted students by mid-March.
School and Student Services (SSS) processes our financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2016-17 academic year, please follow the steps below.
ONLINE (for faster processing)
- Go to sss.nais.org.
- Select the SSS Website for Families.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to begin your PFS online. You need to complete only one PFS for all children applying to our school. Our School Code is 146694.
- You will set up a login/password that will allow you to return to work on your PFS again before submitting it.
- Mail the required supporting documents with your PFS cover sheet to: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.)
BY MAIL to SSS
- If you don’t already have a printed PFS and you prefer not to use the online service, please call our school at (301) 770-4370 for a copy of the PFS form.
- Complete the PFS and return it and all required supporting documents with a cover sheet to: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. (For overnight mail: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.)
For SSS questions call (800) 344-8328 (Mon – Fri: 9am – 8pm EST. Sat: 9am – 4pm EST)
Feynman School seeks to enroll young, gifted students who will grow in a learning environment where each student can celebrate his/her own intellectual curiosity and sense of self; be inquisitive and think creatively; and foster care and concern for others. Feynman School is committed to diversity in that the School does not discriminate in its administration of educational policies, admission policies, financial aid policies, personnel policies and other school administered programs on the basis of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, physical ability, or any other category to the extent protected by applicable laws.