You are cordially invited to attend a special edition of the Feynman School Speaker Series featuring Jim Delisle, Ph.D., author of Understanding Your Gifted Child From the Inside-Out: A guide to the social and emotional lives of gifted kids.
- What are the best ways to meet gifted children’s intellectual and emotional needs?
- How does a “gifted” label affect other family members?
- How can parents best advocate for gifted children in a school setting mired in “bringing up the bottom” rather than “raising the bar” at the top?
- What are appropriate, attainable goals and expectations?
- How can parents best juggle the wide range of emotional intensities that often “come with the territory” in raising gifted kids?
Dr. Delisle will discuss these unique needs for gifted parents.
11810 Falls Rd (in the Washington Hebrew building)
Potomac, MD 20854
About the Author:
Jim Delisle, Ph.D., has taught gifted children and those who work on their behalf for more than forty years, including twenty-five years as a professor of special education at Kent State University. The author of more than 250 articles and twenty books, Jim is a frequent presenter on gifted children’s intellectual and emotional growth.